Cheese Grater with Handle
Originally a woodworking tool, this best seller grates even the hardest Parmesan Reggiano as well as other hard cheeses into fine lacy wisps. Ideal for topping your favorite spaghetti and meatballs or a Caesar salad. It’s also wonderful for effortless citrus zesting to add natural flavors to a lemon crème brulee or a basic vinaigrette.
• Heavy-duty, ergonomic handle.
• Protective cover included.
• 12" length x 1.31" width x 1" height.
• Surgical grade stainless steel blade. Plastic handle.
Use and Care
• Zesting with a Microplane Zester: If you are right-handed, hold the lemon (citrus) in your left hand with a side up as if it were the neck of a violin. Take the Microplane® Zester in your right hand and make sure the sharp edges of the cutter are aimed away from you toward the lemon. Make sure to lightly grip the smooth edges of the tool (thumb on one side, four fingers on the other). Now, stroke the Zester across the lemon as if you were playing the violin. The zest collects in the upper channel. Voila! Incredible fine shavings of zest--no more grated knuckles! For use with cheese, we suggest stretching it across the top of a bowl.
• Top rack dishwasher safe.
• We recommend rinsing your grater in warm water immediately after each use. Remove trapped particles from the non-sharp side whenever possible. To remove trapped particles on the front, first soak the tool in warm water and then use a cleaning brush to stroke in the same direction as the teeth.
• Store with blade covered when not in use.
You must be logged in to add and read reviews. Please click here to login or create an account.