Originally a woodworking tool, this razor-sharp rasp amazed everyone in the kitchen with its effortless citrus zesting and lacy wisps of parmesan and other hard cheeses.
• For citrus rinds, garlic, ginger, fine grating and other zesting purposes.
• 12" length x 1.25" width x 1.25" height.
• Reusable protective cover included.
• Surgical grade stainless steel blade.
Use and Care
• Zesting with the Microplane Classic Zester: If you are right-handed, hold the lemon (citrus) in your left hand with a side up as if it were the neck of a violin. Take the Microplane® Zester in your right hand and make sure the sharp edges of the cutter are aimed away from you toward the lemon. Make sure to lightly grip the smooth edges of the tool (thumb on one side, four fingers on the other). Now, stroke the Zester across the lemon as if you were playing the violin. The zest collects in the upper channel. Voila! Incredible fine shavings of zest--no more grated knuckles! For use with cheese, we suggest stretching it across the top of a bowl. Another idea is to leave the cover on, but just slide it down to expose only part of the blade and grip the cover while in use.
• Top rack dishwasher safe.
• We recommend rinsing your grater in warm water immediately after each use. Remove trapped particles from the non-sharp side whenever possible. To remove trapped particles on the front, first soak the tool in warm water and then use a cleaning brush to stroke in the same direction as the teeth.
• Store with blade covered when not in use.
No reviews yet.
You must be logged in to add reviews. Please click to here to login or create an account.