Global Hand Held Water Sharpener
Two ceramic wheels (coarse, medium). Compartment fills with water so the blades is continuously cooled while being sharpened. Not suitable for knives sharpened on one side only.
This sharpener consists of two ceramic wheels: The white ceramic wheel is coarse, the pink colored wheel is medium and completes the process. Die to the fact that the sharpening groove and the ceramic wheel are not parallel, the oblique angle of the ceramic wheel is able to restore the razor sharpness of the knife.
Knives should always be hand washed in hot water after each use and carefully dried with a dry towel.
Direction of use
1. pour water into the compartment of the sharpener and keep it there during sharpening operation. The water in the wheel compartment serves always to rinse the revolving ceramic whetstones and to prevent over-heating the knife blade. The sharpener should be rinsed again with clean water by removing the cover after use.
2. To keep sharpener steady, firmly grip the handle with your hand.
3. Hold the knife with your forefinger on the back of the knife, and place the knife blade perpendicularly into groove No. 1, with the white wheel, and move the blade back and forth with slight pressure seven or eight times, or as necessary. No heavy pressure is required.
4. Next, place the knife blade perpendicularly into groove No. 2, with the pink wheel, and move the blade back and forth with slight pressure seven or eight times. It is very important not to apply too much pressure when passing the knife through the sharpener. Doing so may damage the wheel. If undue pressure is applied, the wheels may break or become damaged.
5. When sharpening is completed, please hand wash knife in hot water and carefully dry with a towel or other cloth before use.
6. MinoSharp sharpeners have been tested and approved by CATRA, the foremost authority on knife sharpening techniques, based in Sheffield, England. The number of strokes required will depend on the type and condition of the knife, but we would recommend: For Global knives, 7/8 strokes on the wheels. For other brands, 15 strokes on the wheels. If not sharpened enough by 15 strokes, please repeat another 15 strokes.